Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Stroller!


Okay here is the story of the stroller. This is the last picture we have of our beautiful chicco stroller.

Friday morning Morgan (Mo), Gramma, Cameron and I all took off to Disneyland. Pete stayed back and slept in almost everyday then met us later. (Personally I think it was just to get out of helping get Cameron ready in the morning) We went on the Peter Pan Ride, Tea Cups, and Pirates of the Caribbean and others that Pete doesn't really like. At each ride you have to park the stroller. I was going to call Pete and see when he was coming over but thought I would be nice and let him sleep. So I left the phone in a compartment in the top of the stroller, parked it, got Cameron out and went on the ride. We got out of Pirates and were shopping in pirate themed shops while still holding Cameron. He was getting heavy so my mom offered to take him to get the stroller and come back. Morgan and I kept shopping and then I saw mom carrying Cameron back towards the shop with a frazzled look on her face. I said "Mom are you okay?" "No," she replied, "Your stroller is gone!" "What?!" I shrieked. "What do you mean?" "It's not there, someone stole it!" We run back so I can see that it is definitely not there. It's not! I'm panicking now. What am I gonna do? Where could it be? What's Pete gonna say? How could this happen at the happiest place on earth? All the while I'm searching the crowd for any glimpse of MY stroller so I can tackle whoever stole it. (angels were blessing the poor souls who happened to have the same stroller as me by keeping them away from that area of the park at that time) Mom's trying to keep me calm and make a game plan, I can vaguely hear, "you go to the guest services and report the missing stroller, while I......" Then I see him... Pete with a big goofy grin on his face. What am I gonna tell him? Wait a minute... what does he have... that looks like.... OUR STROLLER!!!!!!! I start bawling. Pete says "Wait, this was supposed to be funny." Somehow he had found where we were in the park and took the stroller and hid while my mom came out and search for it while he was chuckling away. Then he waited until I came out and started freaking out until he came sauntering up with the "missing" stroller. So Mom slugs him. I can't even be mad at him because I'm just so happy the stroller isn't gone, with my phone and various other things stored in the basket. And we still have the stroller, it's safely tucked away in our garage.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your blog turned out cute! Peter deserves more than a slug for that trick he played on you and your Mom at Disneyland!

also known as shell said...

oooh man I would have totally slugged him. and hard. :) thats a nice stroller!!!

Bryce and Miranda said...

Hey Jess!! I haven't talked to you forever. Disneyland is so fun. That's awesome you were able to go. Your little boy is the cutest ever. I can't believe Danielle is married. Weird! How are you?