Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cameron is talking!

Okay, not a lot. But he is getting better just about everyday. It's been really fun as he is learning so much. Momma, Daddy, Hi, Bye-bye, Nigh-night, Go, Uh-oh, and 1,2,3 Go, All done/All gone (which vary from day to day and mean both when he is done and when he wants you to be done with something he wants), up? (to get picked up) fishies, What is it?, What's that?, Who is it?, have all been around for awhile.

Now he calls for me Momma? or when I walk into the room and he is excited to see me then it's Ma! He folds his hands for prayers and has recently started saying Amen afterwards. Once in a while he will put his finger to his lips and say shhhhhh... Shoes is fairly new and oooOOOOoooo has mostly been replaced with Wow! Book? (with a slightly silent k) and Ball. (with slightly silent ll's) are also new and sometimes sound very similar. Here go, as he hands something to you. Now he asks Where'd go? then says There it is! He also says Oh Man! which sometimes sounds more like Oh Ma. Tadaa! is one of my very faves. My sister-in-law Jenny said he said more? to ask for more popcorn, while my friend Jade(who has been watching him while I go to work) said that he barely talks to her but she was trying to get him to say all done after lunch and finally he looked down and whispered it. We are working on please but are still only getting mmmmm? but are happy with a nice sound instead of crying or screaming. We are also learning on/off as he has learned to switch the light switch and open/shut.

He also knows a lot of words meaning but doesn't say them. If we say "Do you want to go?" he grabs his shoes and tried to put them on or if they are already on he will go to the door. He understands bath and several other day to day directions like snack, food, movie, nigh-night, kisses, peek-a-boo, book. If we say 1,2,3 he shouts Go! If we say put your arms in he will do that to get dressed. If we ask where is your nose, he points to it. If we say "Where is Cameron?", he hides and knock, knock, gets him to knock on the door. Depending on the day and current mood he "forgets" what no means and just ignores me until I come over to him, then he runs away and laughs like it's a game...I do not like that. Jade says that when she tells him no, he shuts he eyes like then she can't see him.

He is also becoming a big helper... most days anyway. Handing me clothes when I'm doing the laundry, closing the dishwasher for me, picking up things I point to and ask for, putting Daddy's shoes in the shoe basket, closing doors that are supposed to be kept closed, and helping put his toys away.

On a side note I put a Santa Potato Head on Cameron's Radio Flyer Retro Rocket toy and when he saw it there he walked over to it pointed at it while telling him off in baby talk and smacked it right off then got on the rocket and (I think purposefully) ran over the Potato Head! He has also told off some kids at a mall play area and Jade's 4 month old baby Indiana (who just laughs at him).

3 comments:

Jenny said...

can you just imagine... soon you will wish he wasn't so talkative!

Jenny said...

when I was watching him the other day... he kept saying "more" when he wanted some more popcorn.

Bryce and Miranda said...

That is so cute that he is starting to talk. I love that stage. Your little boy is so cute. I hope I get to see you guys sooner than later. Love ya