Sunday, October 26, 2008

Adventure Update

Okay not to jinks myself, but so far Cameron hasn't figured out how to get out of his crib again (or it scared the pants off him and he is afraid to try again) He has also stopped climbing on the kitchen table and swinging the pendant light, the nursery leaders know to keep a better eye on the door and Peter has remembered to lock the outside doors.
However he is teething and boy did I think it was bad when he was a baby but as a toddler it's so much worse. He has this shriek that sounds a little like one of the wraiths from Lord of the Rings only much more piercing... and longer lasting. He also has quite the temper, I have had more than a few toys chucked in my direction and several head butts. We sure do love him but we cannot wait until he grows out of this stage. Anyone want to rent a toddler boy for a couple weeks?

Update: Today was so much better. He took a proper nap and hardly threw any fits (or toys). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the worse (of teething, not terrible twos) is over.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

oh, from what I hear from other more "seasoned" mothers, it's not the two we have to worry about it's the threes..

also known as shell said...

no thanks I'm up to my eyeballs with Kate and her tantrums. yeah she likes to roll on the floor screaming and crying. its a real treat.

kate once got out of her crib too but then she hasn't done it since. weird.

Jess said...

Thanks Jenny, that's really the way to lift my spirits!

I'm telling you Shellie, It scares the pants off them!

sunny said...

i love the updates! your cute little kid sure keeps you on your toes!

i was remembering how cameron kept going from thing to thing to thing during the summer when we visited the rays. i was remembering because now MY little kaden is doing the same thing! climbing all over things, pulling everything in sight down. holy cow. raquel was NEVER like this.

anyway, hope you guys had a fun halloween!