Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cameron's Mighty Adventures

The other day Pete was working on the gate to the side yard and Cameron and I went out to visit with him and see how the project was going. We went back inside through the open garage and I had to put in another load of laundry upstairs so I ran up there to do that and I heard a funny sound, like a door closing... I went down to check if he had just hidden in the closet under the stairs but he wasn't there. I looked in the bathroom to see what toy he must be drowning in the toilet but he wasn't there either. I checked the playroom, nope. I started acting like I was gonna get him, hoping he would squeal or giggle or something so I could locate him... nothing. I opened the garage door and called his name... nothing. Now I'm racing around the house like a crazy person, checking every little corner that little monster might be hiding. Nada. I then fling myself outside screaming Cameron!, turn the corner, and there he is talking to Pete looking up at me all innocent.

Why wasn't the garage door locked? you might ask. It usually is, but Pete never brings his house keys out when he is working out there so I can't lock it. Cameron has only ever peeks out the door and says "hi" all cute and sweet, cause he knows he is doing something he's not supposed to but he wants to see our reaction. Not this time. Having been introduced to the side yard in my arms he thought he'd go on out for another gander.

Pete didn't understand why I was so upset... at him. Let's see... he was the one who didn't bring out his keys, no matter how many times I have told him to do just that. He didn't come in and say "Honey, Cameron is fine he's with me". He didn't hear me frantically calling for Cameron the first time. He didn't think it was such a big deal. UM HELLO! yes Cameron was fine... this time. Let's just say from now on all doors to the outside WILL BE locked.

No comments: